Sunday 11 November 2012

Bunting-tastic

During July and August, I spent most of my spare time making bunting for a family wedding in the south of France. The bride asked for a vintage look with pastels, to fit in with her overall theme. I found fabric and double-checked that she liked it, and then got on with the job. In the end, I cut out 280 flags, and made it up in ten metre lengths to make 60 metres to zig-zag across the room. It was a lot of work, but so much fun, and it looked fantastic.


The trick is to find four to six fabrics that work together tone and colour wise. I cut out the flags using pinking shears using this template and then play around with the order until I'm happy with it.


I then pin it up using 2.5cm wide bias binding cut in to ten metre lengths...


And then sew it up...


The real satisfaction came not when I finished it, but when I put it up in the hall where the reception was held. It really set all the other amazing hand-made decorations off. It was a fantastic wedding, and such a pleasure to be a part of in a small way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bee!
    Love your post, we have spent some time this weekend doing some very similar bunting related things!! I've just started my own blog nicnacnoos.wordpress.com
    If you look in the 'how to' section I link to your lovely blog
    Love,
    The lucky family member who got the bunting for their wedding ;)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete