Monday 16 July 2012

Banana, Chocolate and Pecan Bread

Thomasina Miers single-handedly revolutionised my taste buds and changed my favourite food from Thai to Mexican through her restaurant chain Wahaca.  M and I regularly go there for dinner, but apart from churros, I rarely have dessert there.

I bought her new cookbook over the weekend, and found a recipe for Banana, Chocolate and Pecan Bread. If you're anything like us, bananas don't always get eaten when they should, and so demand to be turned in to banana bread. This recipe takes it one step further but still manages to transcend previous attempts and expectations.  I took some in to work today and received an email from one of my colleagues entitled 'The best cake I've ever tasted... can I have the recipe?'

So here it is. I didn't cook it in a loaf tin as suggested, as mine was too small, instead I used a square loose-bottomed tin. Rave reviews from M, and my colleagues and numerous recipe requests mean that this is going in the favourites file!



Banana, Chocolate and Pecan Bread from Thomasina Miers 'Wahaca Mexican Food at Home'



1 comment:

  1. I'll have to give this one a solid eleven out of ten. It's as delicious and moist as a banana cake comes, but the chocolate and nuts elevate it to a whole new level. I'm not entirely sure why it's called "Bread" though; even by Marie Antoinette standards, this one's got to be cake. xxx

    ReplyDelete