Tuesday 17 July 2012

Custard Creams...from scratch

I was a bit late jumping on 'The Boy Who Bakes' band wagon. I didn't watch The Great British Bake Off.  I discovered his blog only a few months ago, and I'm so glad I did. I tried Edd's recipe for Custard Creams, available on his 'The Boy Who Bakes' blog.

Custard Creams are definitely a British institution. Until I arrived in the UK, I'd never tried one. They aren't easy to avoid, every single office in the land has a packet of them somewhere.  So, I decided to try to make some. They were easy to make, and the results were great.

Edd Kimber's Custard Cream recipe... worth a try!

1 comment:

  1. Again, I can't really give these less than an eleven out of ten. Obviously the handmade imperfections distinguish these visually from the mass produced versions we're familiar with, but they've also got a superior texture; a bit crunchy to start off with, but becoming something soft enough to bite into after a few days. xxx

    ReplyDelete